You know I love Primark. I wish I didn’t and I know it’s corrupt and all the rest, but a broke girl still wants to look nice!! And there are even more reasons to look nice with some of Primark’s new lacy and satin offerings…
I popped into Primark at Marble Arch yesterday after a lovely bike ride around Hyde Park in the sunshine – it was rude not to as I was just a few feet away! And while I was purchasing a few new knitwear staples, I spotted so many beautiful bralets and PJs which are sure to make any girl feel feminine and lovely whether it’s to impress their man or themselves! Take a look at some of my favourites, available in most stores…
- Navy Lace Triangle Bralette – £8
- Red Lace Bralet and Thong Set – £5
- Navy Satin Cami Top – £5
- Black And Pink Guipure Lace Bralette – £8
- Ivory Blush Bralet Set – £5
- Navy Satin Short – £4
- Navy and Pink Lace Bralet and Brief Set – £4
- Pink Guipure Lace Triangle Bralette – £8
Love these? For more lace bralets, take a look at my recent post here.
See, being sexy needn’t cost heaps!
Posted in Fashion, Shopping, Women's Fashion, Trends
Tagged Primark, pyjama shorts, shopping, trends, lace, Bralet, Bralette, satin, Sexy
Autumn is all about rich, deep and lovely smooth colours. Jewel tones and cosy comforts are a must!
This season it’s all about the deep aubergines, dark plums and burgundys. It’s such a great, versatile colour which looks great on all skin tones and hair colours and it’s wintery without being too dark and dreary! Wear it with a matching deep lip for a dramatic look or with denim and some cosy tweed for a sophisticated casual style.
Whether its a dark moody aubergine purple, or a bright pop of dark wine red, this is definitely the colour to be seen in this season! And out of the kindness of my heart, I’ve looked around for the best plumy coloured goodies out there on the high street at the moment – and all under £60! – Enjoy!
- Thigh Boots – £39.99 – H&M
- Long Line Blazer Dress – £59 – Topshop
- Mixed Pieces Earrings – £9.99 – Mango
- Ribbed Dress – £24.99 – H&M
- Half Placket Blouse, Berry – £35 – Warehouse
- Oversized Longline Funnel Jumper – £39 – Topshop
- Ankle Boots – £24.99 – H&M
- Long Sleeve Keyhole Body – £22 – Topshop
- Coated Superstretch Trousers – £19.99 – H&M
- Reclaimed Vintage Wool Strap Watch – £28 – ASOS
- Basic Hoodie – £26 – Topshop
- Hat With Wide Velvet Band – £22.99 – ZARA (more lovely felt hats here).
- Ribbed Cotton-Blend Sweater – £15.99 – Mango
- Faux Leather Pencil Skirt – £39 – Warehouse
- Oversized Faux Fur Collar – £14.99 – New Look
- ROSALINE Heeled Ankle Boots – £32 – ASOS
Posted in Fashion, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged Ankle Boots, ASOS, Aubergine, Autumn Fashion, Blazer Dress, Burgundy, Faux Fur, Felt Hats, Leather Skirt, Mango, New Look, Plum, topshop, Warehouse, Winter Fashion
The felt hat was everywhere last year, and those who took the plunge and made the purchase will be pleased to know that it’s back this year! Last year it was all about the big floppy look, where as 2016 is all about the felt fedora. Celebs all over the world are rocking this look with casual denim, furs and over-sized handbags.
Celebs wear the Felt Fedora trend (clockwise from top left): Miranda Kerr, Elizabeth Olson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne, Alessandra Ambrosio.
Keep on trend with your fedora by selecting blacks, browns and muted neutral tones. Or you can jazz things up a little (I for one find myself wearing a lot of black in winter and a little pop of colour is very welcome!) with a pop of bright colour, such as the options from River Island or Boohoo below.
There are hundreds of brands out there making really lovely felt hats, some reaching into the hundreds of pounds, but I have rounded up my favourite 10 under £25, enjoy!
- Felt Hat with Braided Detail – £22.99 – ZARA
- Felt hat – £12.99 – H&M
- Wide Brim Fedora Hat – £25 – Topshop
- Felt Panama Hat With Plait Braid Trim – £20 – ASOS
- Wool hat – £19.99 – H&M
- Turquoise high crown fedora hat – £25 – River Island
- Boardmans Wool Felt Fedora Hat –
£24.99 £15 – ASOS
- Black bound edge fedora hat –
£25 £12 – River Island
- Rebecca Trilby Hat – £10 – BooHoo
- Wide-Brim Felt Fedora – £12 – Forever 21
So, if you haven’t yet invested in a felt fedora then make 2016 the year you take the plunge!
Posted in Fashion, Shopping, Trends
Tagged Alessandra Ambrosio, ASOS, Autumn Fashion, boohoo, boohoo.com, Cara Delevingne, Elizabeth Olson, fashion, Felt Fedoras, Felt hat, Forever 21, Kate Moss, Miranda Kerr, River Island, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, topshop, trends, Winter Fashion, Winter Hat, Zara
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!
Sorry to all you scrouges out there who think it’s too soon, but for me, as soon as October hits my Christmas thinking cap goes on and I become an elf. I know that all the adverts say that the best part of Christmas is giving gifts rather than receiving, but I really do agree! I love shopping for the perfect gift, getting people something they wouldn’t expect and generally raising a smile🙂
That being said, who doesn’t LOVE receiving gifts too? And there are so many gems out there! I’ve been cultivating my extensive Christmas list for some months now. Firstly because I’m broke and can’t afford nice things and also because I’ve found so many lovely treats while I’ve been hunting for gifts for others.
While you may not care to know what’s on my Christmas list as you’re not shopping for me this year (rude), I thought I would post all my wishes on here. One, for my family to draw inspo, and two, to inspire those of you shopping for friends and sisters who are totally stumped for ideas!
Now, Santa, I would like one of each of the below pretty please!…
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in Hot Emily – £23 – Charlotte Tilbury
- Magic Foundation in Shade 4 – £29.50 – Charlotte Tilbury
- Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One Perfume – £45.95 – All Beauty
- JorgObé The Original Black Peel Off Mask – £26 – JorgObé
- Silver Star Cuff – £35 – TADA & TOY
- Hoola Bronzing Powder – £23.50 – Benefit
- Silk Standard Pillowcase, Pale Pink – £35 – John Lewis
- Dogeared Sterling Silver Unicorn Bracelet – £38 – ASOS
- 10 Piece Essential Brush Set, Attention Seeker – £39.99 – Spectrum
- Dior J’Adore Perfume (30ml) – £49.50 – Dior
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna – £23 – Charlotte Tilbury
- Good vibes only A5 thick notebook – £10 – Paperchase
- Lavish Alice Sterling Silver Open Circle Ring – £26 – ASOS
- Deep Sleep Pillow Talk, 75ml – £22 – This Works
- Pixi Make-Up Fixing Mist 80ml – £16 – ASOS
- Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – £19 – Too Faced
- Nike Black & White MD Runner Trainers – £55 – ASOS
- MAC Lip Pencil, Talking Points – £13 – MAC
- KMS California FreeShape Quick Blow Dry 200ml – £11.99 – Gooseberry
- ‘Laurence The Lamb’ Print – £24 – Ros Shiers
So there you have it, just a few of my favourite things at the moment and things I would like to try. I hope this inspires you to get some BEAUTIFUL gifts for your loved ones this Christmas🙂
For even more inspo, take a look at my Mermaid themed gifts and Unicorn themed gifts posts.
Posted in Obsessions, Shopping, Trends
Tagged ASOS, Benefit, Benefit Cosmetics, Charlotte Tilbury, Christmas, Christmas Gifts, Christmas shopping, Deep Sleep Pillow Talk, Dior, Dogeared, Emily Ratajkowski, Gifts, J'adore, John Lewis, JorgObe, KMS, KMS Free Shape, Lamb Print, Lavish Alice, lipstick, mac, MAC Cosmetics, MAC Lip Liner, Nike, Nike Trainers, Notebook, Paperchase, Perfume, Pixi Fixing Mist, ring, Ros Shiers, sienna miller, Silk Pillowcase, Spectrum, spectrum brushes, This Works, Too Faced, Too Faced Melted, trends, Unicorn, Unicorn Bracelet, Wish List
Today I was having a browse through the archives of my blog and editing some old posts. I made a couple of private posts public by accident. These posts were from years ago when I was at uni and were about some toxic relationships I was in at the time. I have since deleted the posts as I didn’t realise those of you who are lovely enough to subscribe to my blog would be notified about them as they’re so old. I don’t want the views I expressed then to be misunderstood as my current situation as that’s totally not the case!! Sorry if you got the notifications and were expecting some exciting new content! I promise there will be more fun content coming soon!
Now if you need me, I will be watching the eagerly anticipated second series of SAS: Who Dares Wins🙂
While for the most of us, the mad rush of summer weddings is coming to the end of the season, there is still the odd rouge winter wedding approaching… And just because it’s cold outside, it doesn’t mean we can’t be totally chic!
I personally love black and denim for autumn and winter, which aren’t totally wedding appropriate… But the good news is that there are some gorgeous navy and jewel tone gowns out there to add a splash of colour! Plus you can totally wear black to a wedding now, as long as it’s got a little pzazz – like embroidery or print.
So, I’ve trawled my favourite shopping sites for some lovely dresses that are wedding appropriate while also being a little more covered up to keep that chill away, or something you can team with tights without feeling like a wally! Oh, and I’ve split them into budget categories too, because Christmas is coming y’all and who doesn’t love a bargain?!
- ASOS Lace Crop Top Midi Prom Dress – £75 – ASOS
- ASOS SALON Soft Floral Midi Prom Dress – £85 – ASOS
- ASOS PREMIUM Mini Embroidered Dress – £75 – ASOS
- ASOS SALON Layer Lace Crop Top Midi Prom Dress – £85 – ASOS
- Frilled Sleeve Guipure Lace Dress – £49.99 – ZARA
- Long Sleeve Contour Lace Bodycon Dress – £49 – Topshop
- Long Sleeve Applique Midi Dress – £69 – Topshop
- Jacquard-knit dress – £59.99 – H&M
- ASOS Wrap Maxi Dress in Jersey Crepe – £38 – ASOS
- Mini Dress with Collar Detail – £29.99 – ZARA
- Ponte Wrap Dress – £25 – Topshop
- ASOS TALL Seamed Structured Rib Bodycon Dress – £40 – ASOS
Here’s to the happy couple!
Posted in Fashion, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged ASOS, embroidered dress, Embroidery, Floral Dress, Jewel Tones, lace dress, Midi Dress, topshop, wedding, Wedding dress, wedding guest, Winter Wedding, Zara
Helen Wells is a super talented artist who lives in Hastings. Her love for creating colourful, detailed and patterned pieces of art shines through in her beautiful pieces that celebrate the positive side of life. Whenever I’m feeling glum or having a bad day, I pop over to her website which I have bookmarked and get lost in all of the colours and stunning intricacies of her watercolour work.
While I love her watercolour work and think those pieces are the real stand outs in her collection, her work with inks and line drawings are also exquisite. See some of my favourites below (all images courtesy of helenwellsartist.co.uk):
While some pieces are darker and moodier, many are bright and lift your spirits instantly. Wells doesn’t use just long and languid strokes of colour but contrasts blocks of colour with such intricate detail that you wouldn’t usually expect to see in abstract watercolour. Her use of space is also enchanting – I absolutely love a bit of blank space in a painting and Wells provides this so thoughtfully.
Helen Wells at home her home in Nelson Road Hastings. Picture by Jim Holden
Helen isn’t just an at home hobby artist, she won Winsor and Newton’s Watercolour Revolution competition and had her work showcased at The Saatchi Gallery in London. You might also have spotted some of her pieces in Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant, The Narrow, in London.
If you’re looking for something extra special for a Christmas gift or you’re just looking for a piece to brighten up your walls, Helen has something for everyone. You can peruse her whole collection on her website here.
The A-Level art student in me is crying out to be set free after all these years, so I’m off to go and pick up a paintbrush again!
Posted in Obsessions
Tagged love, Art, Local Artist, Hastings, Helen Wells, Watercolour Artist, Line Drawing, Gordon Ramsay, Saatchi Gallery, Obsessions, Watercolour