The felt hat was everywhere last year, and those who took the plunge and made the purchase will be pleased to know that it’s back this year! Last year it was all about the big floppy look, where as 2016 is all about the felt fedora. Celebs all over the world are rocking this look with casual denim, furs and over-sized handbags.
Celebs wear the Felt Fedora trend (clockwise from top left): Miranda Kerr, Elizabeth Olson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne, Alessandra Ambrosio.
Keep on trend with your fedora by selecting blacks, browns and muted neutral tones. Or you can jazz things up a little (I for one find myself wearing a lot of black in winter and a little pop of colour is very welcome!) with a pop of bright colour, such as the options from River Island or Boohoo below.
There are hundreds of brands out there making really lovely felt hats, some reaching into the hundreds of pounds, but I have rounded up my favourite 10 under £25, enjoy!
- Felt Hat with Braided Detail – £22.99 – ZARA
- Felt hat – £12.99 – H&M
- Wide Brim Fedora Hat – £25 – Topshop
- Felt Panama Hat With Plait Braid Trim – £20 – ASOS
- Wool hat – £19.99 – H&M
- Turquoise high crown fedora hat – £25 – River Island
- Boardmans Wool Felt Fedora Hat –
£24.99£15 – ASOS
- Black bound edge fedora hat –
£25£12 – River Island
- Rebecca Trilby Hat – £10 – BooHoo
- Wide-Brim Felt Fedora – £12 – Forever 21
So, if you haven’t yet invested in a felt fedora then make 2016 the year you take the plunge!