I just can’t get enough of Primark at the moment! I went through a phase of massively turning my nose up at it and everything it stands for. While I still disagree with many of their ethics and would rather not think about where their products come from, I have to admit that there have been so many amazing fashions in there recently.
My recent favourites include their sexy new bralettes and lingerie ranges with all the lace you could ever want. And yesterday when I was shopping I spotted even more beautiful lace and silky lovelies for the ever pleasing price Primark offers. This time it’s all premium looking PJs – and I have to admit that the quality isn’t totally awful either! Take a look at some of the beauties that could be yours – and all less than £12!!
- Black Satin Playsuit – £10
- Floral Chemise – £8
- Black Lace Insert PJ Playsuit – £7
- Pink Camisole & shorts set – £8
- Floral set – £10
- Navy Satin Cami Top – £5
- Purple Shirt dress – £8, Chemise – £6
- Black Camisole – £5, Shorts – £5, Robe – £10
- Floral Satin Cami Short Pyjama Set – £10
Posted in Fashion, Obsessions, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged budget Christmas gifts, Camisole, Christmas shopping, floral, lace, Lingerie, PJs, Primark, Pyjama sets, Pyjamas, Sexy, shopping, Silk
I’m going to let you in on a little secret – it’s not really a secret, but it’s something I don’t think everyone knows about! It’s an amazing website with so many deals it’s like the January sales ALL YEAR!! They also have so many discontinued goodies as well as current products for a little cheaper than the stores… It’s allbeauty.com.
As someone who’s CONSTANTLY on a budget, I love a bargain and I love not having to pay full price for something I really want! This website has all the big brands in perfume, haircare, make up and all beauty – and all for at least 5% cheaper than you would find them on the high street.
However, I’m not down with the 5% savings, I want MORE off! So I’ve compiled a list of a few of my favourite products and some bits I would like to try that have huge savings on the site! There’s no wonder it was named Best Online Retailer by Which? 2016! Take a look:
- RapidLash, Lash enhancing Serum – RRP £41.00. AB Price £29.95. Saving £11.05 (27%)
- HD Brows, Eye & Brow Palettes, Bombshell Palette – RRP £25.00. AB Price £16.95. Saving £8.05 (32%)
- KMS California MoistRepair Shampoo 750ml – RRP £28.00. AB Price £16.45. Saving £11.55 (41%) – This is the BEST shampoo and conditioner, I absolutely love it! And the huge bottles last so long!!
- KMS California MoistRepair Conditioner 750ml – RRP £32.00. AB Price £16.50. Saving £15.50 (48%)
- KMS California FreeShape Quick Blow Dry 200ml – RRP £14.00. AB Price £11.20. Saving £2.80 (20%) – I can’t stop raving about this stuff – see my post here too for more info.
- TIGI Bed Head Thickening and Volumizing Small Talk 3 in 1 200ml – RRP £16.95. AB Price £7.75. Saving £9.20 (54%) – Another one I can’t get enough of! More info in this post.
- TIGI Bed Head Smoothing, Frizz Control and Shine After-Party Smoothing Cream 100ml – RRP £17.50. AB Price £7.65. Saving £9.85 (56%)
- TIGI Bed Head Colour Goddess Tween Set, Shampoo 750ml & Conditioner 750ml – RRP £29.95. AB Price £13.45. Saving £16.50 (55%)
- Bio-Oil 200ml – RRP £19.99. AB Price £12.95. Saving £7.04 (35%) – contrary to popular belief, this magical elixir is amazing, not just for pregnant bellies, but also for general skincare, reducing scars (I have loads left over from zits) and it give skin a youthful glow and super soft feeling. I put it on my face and decolletage every night before bed.
- Kérastase Elixir Ultime Versatile Beautifying Oil 100ml – RRP £37.00. AB Price £24.95. Saving £12.05 (33%) – I’ve heard amazing things about this one, apparently it makes your hair utterly glorious!! I can’t wait to try it!
- Dior J’Adore Eau de Parfum Spray 75ml – RRP £93.50. AB Price £66.95. Saving £26.55 (28%) – My favourite perfume, but who wants to spend full price?!
- Beautyblender Sponges – RRP £16.00. AB Price £13.95. Saving £2.05 (13%)
- Tweezerman Face Contour Kit – RRP £34.95. AB Price £27.50. Saving £7.45 (21%)
As you can see all of the savings are at least 13% cheaper than RRP!
Why pay full price ever again!?
Posted in Beauty, Obsessions, Shopping, Trends
Tagged allbeauty, bargain, Beauty, Beauty Blender, Beauty Deals, BeautyBlender, Best Beauty, Bio-Oil, budget, Cheap Perfume, Dior, Discounts, Hair Styling, HD Brows, J'adore, Kerastase, KMS, KMS California, Rapid Lash, Savings, Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi, Tigi Bedhead, Tweezerman
Please excuse me, I am having a total fan girl moment… I saw these pop up as an ad on my Facebook timeline and my immediate reaction was ‘OMG NEED!’
As a HUGE Gossip Girl fan and general Blake Lively adorer – she can do no wrong in my eyes – these sweaters are the DREAM. I love Rad‘s products and have always wanted one of their slogan jumpers, but I just didn’t know which one to pick. Now I’ve seen these, I have my heart set! Plus the fact that I love Serena and my bestie loves Blair. It just works out perfectly!!
If you’re not feeling the sweaters, no worries, there are beanies, caps and socks to fawn over too!
- Serena Beanie – £19.90
- Blair Beanie – £19.90
- Serena Sweatshirt– £29.90
- Blair Sweatshirt – £29.90
Check out all of Rad’s other GG themed items here. And you can take a look at some of my favourite Gossip Girl fashions through the seasons here 🙂
Posted in Fashion, Obsessions, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged Beanie, Blair Waldorf, Blake Lively, Gossip Girl, Gossip girl style, Leighton Meester, Rad, Serena, Serena van der Woodsen, Slogan, Sweatshirt
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!
Sorry to all you scrouges out there who think it’s too soon, but for me, as soon as October hits my Christmas thinking cap goes on and I become an elf. I know that all the adverts say that the best part of Christmas is giving gifts rather than receiving, but I really do agree! I love shopping for the perfect gift, getting people something they wouldn’t expect and generally raising a smile 🙂
That being said, who doesn’t LOVE receiving gifts too? And there are so many gems out there! I’ve been cultivating my extensive Christmas list for some months now. Firstly because I’m broke and can’t afford nice things and also because I’ve found so many lovely treats while I’ve been hunting for gifts for others.
While you may not care to know what’s on my Christmas list as you’re not shopping for me this year (rude), I thought I would post all my wishes on here. One, for my family to draw inspo, and two, to inspire those of you shopping for friends and sisters who are totally stumped for ideas!
Now, Santa, I would like one of each of the below pretty please!…
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in Hot Emily – £23 – Charlotte Tilbury
- Magic Foundation in Shade 4 – £29.50 – Charlotte Tilbury
- Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One Perfume – £45.95 – All Beauty
- JorgObé The Original Black Peel Off Mask – £26 – JorgObé
- Silver Star Cuff – £35 – TADA & TOY
- Hoola Bronzing Powder – £23.50 – Benefit
- Silk Standard Pillowcase, Pale Pink – £35 – John Lewis
- Dogeared Sterling Silver Unicorn Bracelet – £38 – ASOS
- 10 Piece Essential Brush Set, Attention Seeker – £39.99 – Spectrum
- Dior J’Adore Perfume (30ml) – £49.50 – Dior
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna – £23 – Charlotte Tilbury
- Good vibes only A5 thick notebook – £10 – Paperchase
- Lavish Alice Sterling Silver Open Circle Ring – £26 – ASOS
- Deep Sleep Pillow Talk, 75ml – £22 – This Works
- Pixi Make-Up Fixing Mist 80ml – £16 – ASOS
- Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – £19 – Too Faced
- Nike Black & White MD Runner Trainers – £55 – ASOS
- MAC Lip Pencil, Talking Points – £13 – MAC
- KMS California FreeShape Quick Blow Dry 200ml – £11.99 – Gooseberry
- ‘Laurence The Lamb’ Print – £24 – Ros Shiers
So there you have it, just a few of my favourite things at the moment and things I would like to try. I hope this inspires you to get some BEAUTIFUL gifts for your loved ones this Christmas 🙂
For even more inspo, take a look at my Mermaid themed gifts and Unicorn themed gifts posts.
Posted in Obsessions, Shopping, Trends
Tagged ASOS, Benefit, Benefit Cosmetics, Charlotte Tilbury, Christmas, Christmas Gifts, Christmas shopping, Deep Sleep Pillow Talk, Dior, Dogeared, Emily Ratajkowski, Gifts, J'adore, John Lewis, JorgObe, KMS, KMS Free Shape, Lamb Print, Lavish Alice, lipstick, mac, MAC Cosmetics, MAC Lip Liner, Nike, Nike Trainers, Notebook, Paperchase, Perfume, Pixi Fixing Mist, ring, Ros Shiers, sienna miller, Silk Pillowcase, Spectrum, spectrum brushes, This Works, Too Faced, Too Faced Melted, trends, Unicorn, Unicorn Bracelet, Wish List
Helen Wells is a super talented artist who lives in Hastings. Her love for creating colourful, detailed and patterned pieces of art shines through in her beautiful pieces that celebrate the positive side of life. Whenever I’m feeling glum or having a bad day, I pop over to her website which I have bookmarked and get lost in all of the colours and stunning intricacies of her watercolour work.
While I love her watercolour work and think those pieces are the real stand outs in her collection, her work with inks and line drawings are also exquisite. See some of my favourites below (all images courtesy of helenwellsartist.co.uk):
While some pieces are darker and moodier, many are bright and lift your spirits instantly. Wells doesn’t use just long and languid strokes of colour but contrasts blocks of colour with such intricate detail that you wouldn’t usually expect to see in abstract watercolour. Her use of space is also enchanting – I absolutely love a bit of blank space in a painting and Wells provides this so thoughtfully.
Helen Wells at home her home in Nelson Road Hastings. Picture by Jim Holden
Helen isn’t just an at home hobby artist, she won Winsor and Newton’s Watercolour Revolution competition and had her work showcased at The Saatchi Gallery in London. You might also have spotted some of her pieces in Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant, The Narrow, in London.
If you’re looking for something extra special for a Christmas gift or you’re just looking for a piece to brighten up your walls, Helen has something for everyone. You can peruse her whole collection on her website here.
The A-Level art student in me is crying out to be set free after all these years, so I’m off to go and pick up a paintbrush again!
Posted in Obsessions
Tagged Art, Gordon Ramsay, Hastings, Helen Wells, Line Drawing, Local Artist, love, Obsessions, Saatchi Gallery, Watercolour, Watercolour Artist
If you haven’t heard about Spectrum Collections brushes and make up accessories then 1, you obvs don’t read my blog enough (see my mermaid inspired gifts here) and 2, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!
Spectrum brush sets are all over instagram, vlogs and blogs and it’s not just because they’re BEAUTIFUL and mermaid inspired amazing designs are hugely on trend right now. It’s also because the products and brushes are really great. They’re actually not unreasonably priced for their quality and their sets come with these wonderful bags and pouches to keep the beautiful brushes safe and sound.
They have just launched a new set of brushes called the Bomb Shell (as seen in the image above). It’s a set of 12 gorgeous brushes in a brand new stunning pink colourway, all wrapped up in a rose gold holographic clam clutch. Priced at £79.99.
I NEED IT!
This isn’t the only item on their books which is perfect for the mermaid and unicorn make up lovers, they have so many stunning products and I have picked just a few of my favourites for you lucky lot to peruse…
- Siren Smoke Brush Set – £39.99
- The Bomb Shell – £79.99
- Half Unicorn Half Mermaid Bag – £16.99
- Brush Clam Make Up Brush Cleaner – £8.99
- The Glam Clam – £59.99
- Unicorn Horn Polish Vegan Brush Cleaning Soap – £14.99
So now are you with me in my passionate love affair with Spectrum?!
Whether you’re buying as a gift or as a treat for yourself, these products are bound to put a smile on the users face – they will be glowing before they even put their make up on!!
Enjoy my lovely little mermaids 🙂
Posted in Beauty, Fashion, Obsessions, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged Beauty, clam, make up brush cleaner, Make up brushes, Mermaid, Mermaid Gifts, Spectrum, spectrum brushes, Spectrum Collections, trends, Unicorn, vegan soap
Embroidery is EVERYWHERE this season – as already discussed in my previous post :). A great way to mix it into your wardrobe in a versatile fashion is in bags. Plus who doesn’t love an excuse for a new handbag?! Stick with a black background with bright and colourful embroidery to keep it chic and easy to wear with anything!
From intricate floral patterns to cheeky lipstick and emoji motifs, embroidery is the fun way to add interest to your look this autumn, so all aboard the embroidery train! While you’re waiting at the platform, have a browse some of my high street favourites…
- Embroidered Clutch – £29.99 – Zara
- Reclaimed Vintage Embroidered Envelope Clutch Bag – £16 – ASOS
- Mix & Match Mini Crossbody Bag – £35.99 – Zara
- Black embroidered velvet clutch – £30 – River Island
- Quilted Patches Crossbody Bag – £45.99 – Zara
- Black Embroidered Floral Print Chain Shoulder Bag – £19.99 – New Look
- Embroidered Detail Crossbody Bag – £45.99 – Zara
- Reclaimed Vintage Embroidered Rose Cross Body Bag – £20 – ASOS
Alternatively, if you’ve got a favourite black bag you want to instantly make on trend, or you’re on a budget… Why not buy some embroidered patches to stitch on? Take a look at just a few available online, or pop into your local haberdashery where they will have countless others to choose from! Or take a look on Etsy for dozens of super cute, unique patches here.
- Skinnydip x Coca Cola Patches – £12 – ASOS
- Evil Eye Iron on Patch – £1.89 – Etsy
- Ohh Deer Get Lost Patch – £4.95 – ASOS
- Embroidered sew on applique patch – £3.69 – Etsy
- Thunderbolt Iron-On Patch – £2.30 – Etsy
- Orelia Star Patch – £5
- Embroidered ‘FRIES BEFORE GUYS’ junk food patch – £4.99 – Etsy
- Skinnydip Wild Child Iron On Patches –
£10 £6 – ASOS
Happy patching pals!
Posted in Fashion, Obsessions, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged ASOS, ASOS.com, bags, celebrity style, clutch bag, crossbody bag, do it yourself, Embroidered, Embroidery, embroidery patches, Etsy, favourite, floral, hand bag, handbag, Iron on patches, lipstick, New Look, River Island, summer trends, Zara