Velvet is EVERYWHERE at the moment. While it’s a fabulous 90’s trend which I’m glad is back, it’s also one that can look very dated very easily. One way to keep it chic and timeless? Stick to black! Plus that Alannah Myles song (Black Velvet – obviously) is EVERYTHING and my favourite for Karaoke! And there’s nothing better than being soft and cosy and feeling like a soft toy all day long!
Everywhere is selling beautiful velvet dresses and tops at the moment, but after a lovely long browse, I have to say that ZARA and Mango are winning in the style stakes this season. See some of my favourites below:
- Velvet Dress – £29.99 – ZARA
- Velvet Top – £19.99 – Mango
- Halter Velvet Dress – £35.99 – Mango
- Velvet Dress – £25.99 – Mango
- Velvet top – £29.99 – Mango
- Velvet Blouse – £25.99 – Mango
- Velvet Top – £15.99 – ZARA
- Velvet Dress – £12.99 – ZARA (Super cute and super cheap – BRB off to buy this now.)
- Velvet Body – £19.99 – Mango (LOVE the extra low back on this one – yes please!)
Christmas is coming!!! And we all know what that means, tis the season for giving – although some of us (me) are feeling very poor this Christmas! So, I’ve spent a little time taking a look at some really lovely gift ideas for less than £10 – buy one or a couple to make a gift – or buy a whole bunch and fill a stocking instantly! We all know theres’s loads of beauty out there for under £10, but who wants another nail polish at Xmas when you could have something a little different? 🙂
I REALLY want this little reindeer scrunchie!! 🙂 And the hat… and the earrings… and the pudding socks… and EVERYTHING!!
- Flamingo Storage Bag – £5 – Sass & Belle
- Christmas Festive Scrunchie – £4 – Paperchase
- The Little Book of Positivity – £5.99 – ASOS
- Circle And Stick Hoops – £4.99 – New Look
- Christmas Pudding Bag Charm Key Ring – £6 – ASOS
- Cut Out Frame Lantern – £5.99 – New Look
- 2 Pack Leather Look and Bead Choker – £6 -Missguided
- Faux Fur Pom Bobble Hat – £5.99 – New Look
- Pretty Little Things Jewellery Dish – £6.50 – Sass & Belle
- Christmas Pudding Lounge Socks – £8 – ASOS
- Flamingo Jewellery Holder – £8.50 – Sass & Belle
- Christmas Reindeer Cosy Sock Gift Box – £8 – ASOS
- 6×4 Floral Photo Frame – £7.99 – New Look
- Mermaid Glitter Notebook – £7 – Paperchase
- Meri Meri Santa & Reindeer Cookie Cutters – £7 – ASOS
- Faux Fur Shearling Mitten – £7.99 – New Look
Merry Shopping one and all!
I’m going to let you in on a little secret – it’s not really a secret, but it’s something I don’t think everyone knows about! It’s an amazing website with so many deals it’s like the January sales ALL YEAR!! They also have so many discontinued goodies as well as current products for a little cheaper than the stores… It’s allbeauty.com.
As someone who’s CONSTANTLY on a budget, I love a bargain and I love not having to pay full price for something I really want! This website has all the big brands in perfume, haircare, make up and all beauty – and all for at least 5% cheaper than you would find them on the high street.
However, I’m not down with the 5% savings, I want MORE off! So I’ve compiled a list of a few of my favourite products and some bits I would like to try that have huge savings on the site! There’s no wonder it was named Best Online Retailer by Which? 2016! Take a look:
- RapidLash, Lash enhancing Serum – RRP £41.00. AB Price £29.95. Saving £11.05 (27%)
- HD Brows, Eye & Brow Palettes, Bombshell Palette – RRP £25.00. AB Price £16.95. Saving £8.05 (32%)
- KMS California MoistRepair Shampoo 750ml – RRP £28.00. AB Price £16.45. Saving £11.55 (41%) – This is the BEST shampoo and conditioner, I absolutely love it! And the huge bottles last so long!!
- KMS California MoistRepair Conditioner 750ml – RRP £32.00. AB Price £16.50. Saving £15.50 (48%)
- KMS California FreeShape Quick Blow Dry 200ml – RRP £14.00. AB Price £11.20. Saving £2.80 (20%) – I can’t stop raving about this stuff – see my post here too for more info.
- TIGI Bed Head Thickening and Volumizing Small Talk 3 in 1 200ml – RRP £16.95. AB Price £7.75. Saving £9.20 (54%) – Another one I can’t get enough of! More info in this post.
- TIGI Bed Head Smoothing, Frizz Control and Shine After-Party Smoothing Cream 100ml – RRP £17.50. AB Price £7.65. Saving £9.85 (56%)
- TIGI Bed Head Colour Goddess Tween Set, Shampoo 750ml & Conditioner 750ml – RRP £29.95. AB Price £13.45. Saving £16.50 (55%)
- Bio-Oil 200ml – RRP £19.99. AB Price £12.95. Saving £7.04 (35%) – contrary to popular belief, this magical elixir is amazing, not just for pregnant bellies, but also for general skincare, reducing scars (I have loads left over from zits) and it give skin a youthful glow and super soft feeling. I put it on my face and decolletage every night before bed.
- Kérastase Elixir Ultime Versatile Beautifying Oil 100ml – RRP £37.00. AB Price £24.95. Saving £12.05 (33%) – I’ve heard amazing things about this one, apparently it makes your hair utterly glorious!! I can’t wait to try it!
- Dior J’Adore Eau de Parfum Spray 75ml – RRP £93.50. AB Price £66.95. Saving £26.55 (28%) – My favourite perfume, but who wants to spend full price?!
- Beautyblender Sponges – RRP £16.00. AB Price £13.95. Saving £2.05 (13%)
- Tweezerman Face Contour Kit – RRP £34.95. AB Price £27.50. Saving £7.45 (21%)
As you can see all of the savings are at least 13% cheaper than RRP!
Why pay full price ever again!?
Posted in Beauty, Obsessions, Shopping, Trends
Tagged allbeauty, bargain, Beauty, Beauty Blender, Beauty Deals, BeautyBlender, Best Beauty, Bio-Oil, budget, Cheap Perfume, Dior, Discounts, Hair Styling, HD Brows, J'adore, Kerastase, KMS, KMS California, Rapid Lash, Savings, Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi, Tigi Bedhead, Tweezerman
Please excuse me, I am having a total fan girl moment… I saw these pop up as an ad on my Facebook timeline and my immediate reaction was ‘OMG NEED!’
As a HUGE Gossip Girl fan and general Blake Lively adorer – she can do no wrong in my eyes – these sweaters are the DREAM. I love Rad‘s products and have always wanted one of their slogan jumpers, but I just didn’t know which one to pick. Now I’ve seen these, I have my heart set! Plus the fact that I love Serena and my bestie loves Blair. It just works out perfectly!!
If you’re not feeling the sweaters, no worries, there are beanies, caps and socks to fawn over too!
- Serena Beanie – £19.90
- Blair Beanie – £19.90
- Serena Sweatshirt– £29.90
- Blair Sweatshirt – £29.90
Check out all of Rad’s other GG themed items here. And you can take a look at some of my favourite Gossip Girl fashions through the seasons here 🙂
Posted in Fashion, Obsessions, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged Beanie, Blair Waldorf, Blake Lively, Gossip Girl, Gossip girl style, Leighton Meester, Rad, Serena, Serena van der Woodsen, Slogan, Sweatshirt
I was faffing about in my room over the weekend thinking about what I can blog about and I thought about all my favourite things at the moment… And they’re all purple.
So maybe some are just purple in packaging, but others are actually purple. I just bought a new dress for my best friend’s wedding next May (I’m so eager), the products I use in my hair, my fave nail polish at the moment and even my favourite pants!
You might not care, but I thought I would share them with you as they each bring joy to my life each day 🙂
- Cami Tie Waist Double Split Midi Dress – £40 – ASOS – This is the dress I’ve bought for my friend’s wedding. I know it’s super early, but I saw it, loved it and thought it’s likely it won’t be around when I’m looking for something next May. So now it hangs on the front of my wardrobe being all soft and lovely and making me excited daily!!
- KMS California FreeShape Quick Blow Dry – £11.20 – AllBeauty – I use this every single day on my hair. It’s a MIRACLE. It helps hair dry faster, maintain it’s shape once dried and also helps protect hair from heat and add a little extra conditioning to save your hair from damage. GOD SEND.
- Barry M Coconut Infusion in Surfboard – £4.99 – Boots/Superdrug – This is my favourite nail colour at the moment, it’s pinky, purpley, pastely and lovely. Plus it lasts for AGES on long and short nails and the coconut oil gives a little nourishment to your nails – win win!
- TIGI Bed Head Thickening and Volumizing Small Talk 3 in 1 – £7.75 – AllBeauty – This stuff is also magical! It makes hair feel thicker, look more volumised and also sleek. I don’t know how it does it, but I love it!
- Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg, Maximum Strength, 100 Tablets – £7.50 – Amazon – I am taking these supplements for my hair to make it stronger, thicker and healthier. I don’t usually believe in hair supplements and things like that but my hairdresser recommended these and I’ve been taking them for about 3 months now and I have to say my hair feels great! This seems to be all about my strive for thicker, better hair… haha.
- Silk & Lace Brazilian Knickers by Rosie for Autograph – £12.50 – Marks & Spencer – Ok so £12.50 is pretty expensive for one pair of pants, but I bought some black ones in the sale before and they are just the most comfortable things EVER and these ones were so pretty I couldn’t resist (plus I had a £5 voucher – thanks M&S credit card!). I love the Brazilian shape, it’s comfortable and sexy without being a constant wedgie. Doesn’t quite give me RHW’s bum though…
- Tangle Teezer Purple Dazzle Compact Styler Professional Detangling Brush – £12.50 – ASOS/Boots – More about hair! My Tangle Teezer is my life. If you don’t have one yet, believe the hype, you need one. And this one’s purple. Enough said.
Well there’s a little insight into my purple loves at the moment… Hope you enjoy!
Posted in Beauty, Fashion, Shopping, Trends
Tagged ASOS, Barry M, Biotin, favourite, Favourite Things, KMS, KMS California, Marks & Spencer, Purple, Tangle Teezer, Tigi, Wedding dress, wedding guest
You know I love Primark. I wish I didn’t and I know it’s corrupt and all the rest, but a broke girl still wants to look nice!! And there are even more reasons to look nice with some of Primark’s new lacy and satin offerings…
I popped into Primark at Marble Arch yesterday after a lovely bike ride around Hyde Park in the sunshine – it was rude not to as I was just a few feet away! And while I was purchasing a few new knitwear staples, I spotted so many beautiful bralets and PJs which are sure to make any girl feel feminine and lovely whether it’s to impress their man or themselves! Take a look at some of my favourites, available in most stores…
- Navy Lace Triangle Bralette – £8
- Red Lace Bralet and Thong Set – £5
- Navy Satin Cami Top – £5
- Black And Pink Guipure Lace Bralette – £8
- Ivory Blush Bralet Set – £5
- Navy Satin Short – £4
- Navy and Pink Lace Bralet and Brief Set – £4
- Pink Guipure Lace Triangle Bralette – £8
Love these? For more lace bralets, take a look at my recent post here.
See, being sexy needn’t cost heaps!
Posted in Fashion, Shopping, Trends, Women's Fashion
Tagged Bralet, Bralette, lace, Primark, pyjama shorts, satin, Sexy, shopping, trends