Back in 2011 I wrote a post about getting the Pretty Woman look – all about that brown polka dot dress she wore to the Polo – and it’s still one of my most viewed posts today! However the dresses I recommended back then are very much out of stock now, so I wanted to update the post with new options and some other ways to emulate Vivian’s look (once she’s under Edward’s wing of course).
Vivian: You’re late.
Edward: You’re stunning.
Vivian: You’re forgiven.
- Lola Stylish 50’s Retro Swing Dress in Brown – £27.99 – Dolly & Dotty
- Taupe Polkadot Fit & Flare Dress –
£40£30 – Wallis
- Billie & Blossom Navy Spot Dress – £32 – Dorothy Perkins (I know it’s not brown, but it’s a really good match for the shape and style!)
“In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight.”
“It was so good, I almost peed my pants!”
“She said she liked it better than Pirates of Penzance.”
- Bardot Crepe V Plunge Maxi Dress – £35 – Missguided
- Petite Nisha Sweetheart Off the Shoulder Dress – £18 – Boohoo
- Polly Off the Shoulder Sweetheart Skater Dress – £15 – Boohoo
- Crepe Bardot Midi Dress – £25 – Missguided
Also, just as an aside, my favourite fact about the movie… In the scene before the opera where Edward gives Vivian the necklace to go with her stunning red gown – remember it? Where he shuts the jewelry case on her fingers as she goes to touch it? Well that was totally unscripted and just something Richard Gere did messing around, but the producers loved it so much that it made the final cut. It’s such a lovely moment – just goes to show how real Roberts and Gere’s chemistry was on and off screen. No wonder they made so many films together!
I was in here yesterday, you wouldn’t wait on me.
You people work on commission, right?
Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now.
- Lace Trim Bardot Mini Bodycon Dress by Rare – £49 – Topshop
- Sistaglam Grace Bardot Dress In Overlay Lace –
£65£38 – ASOS
- Choker Detail Bardot Dress –
£35£17.50 – Missguided
- Lace off-the-shoulder dress – £29.99 – H&M
It must be difficult to let go of something so beautiful.
Happy shopping you pretty women!